Generically speaking, the problems with the Company's network can be divided into two broad categories:
- Loss of Connections - This fact will prevent access to the internet, printers, computers, servers, and others. It is clear that this is a critical problem, as the lack of communication, internal or external, causes the isolation of individual jobs or of entire sectors and, ultimately, of the entire company.;
- Failure of Security Policies - mplementing a security policy is an essential condition for the network to fulfill its objectives. The security policy includes several rules, such as rules for access and registration of actions taken by each user.
Obviously, a company with 10 computers connected to a network, will not need a network design identical to that of a company with 100. But clearly it needs a minimally consolidated network design. And in that project, the respective security policies must be defined. In other words, as in everything, there must be "rules" for using the network. This will reduce the chances of viruses entering the network, for example.
The definition of security policies is a primary factor for the choice of network equipment. A company with 10 hosts (computers, printers, smartphones ...) will not need equipment whose cost can reach thousands of euros, but it also does not solve the problem with a SOHO (Small Office and HOme router) of 30 euros. You need a device that, for example, allows you to configure only access to certain devices and that can inhibit access to certain sites, among other options.
We help SMEs to implement a structured network, small or medium, with the highest possible level of security (there are no 100% secure systems). An example of the sequence of a network project:
- Needs Analysis - Analyze needs and establish Security policies;
- Network Design - Define the physical structure (network design) and establish the logical structure (addresses of each host, MAC blocks, etc.);
- Simulated Test - Using simulation software, test the physical and logical structures;
- Define Equipment - Define equipment to purchase, for example, cabling, router, switch, among others;
- Install and Configure - Connect all components, configure and test.
If you need our services to resolve other issues related to networks, do not hesitate to contact us!